How To Fix AVG Update Failed Error?admin
AVG is well-known virus protection software that guards the PC from deadly virus attacks to prevent users from getting attacked under such issues. In such cases, users can easily update the software but, it is often seen that the update process may fail which is displayed as an AVG Update Failed Error message. There are various reasons to this error and the causes are issues with the update connection server, technical faults in the settings of Dial-up connection, issues with AVG software connection settings in which interrupts the smooth interaction between a service and the desktop. And the last issue may be due to .ctf file which needs to be deleted. Here, users are introduced with convincing solutions to Fix AVG Update Failed Error with detailed description of each of them.
Solutions to Fix AVG Update Failed Error
First Solution: Handling the AVG software settings
- Open the “AVG” menu button first
- Click on the “Tool’ icon next
- Users are now requested to tap on the “Advanced” settings to proceed with the removal process of the error
- Now, simply click on the “Update” icon now
- Navigate yourself to the “Dial-up” connection.
- Uncheck the “Dial-up” box now.
These are the steps involved in the first solution to resolve the error. But, if it does not work out then, proceed to below solution to remove the AVG Update Failed Error.
Second solution: Follow this solution to get rid of the AVG error faster
- Open the Control Panel first
- Click on the Administrative Tools section next
- Now, tap on the list of services given in the section
- Right click on the “AVG “ icon now
- Choose the “properties” icon now
- Selection of the “Connection tab” is necessary to make now
- At last, check the “Allow service to interact with desktop” icon now.
Going further if still the issue exist
Follow these below steps as instructed by professional team to remove the error completely
- Open the “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data” which will be visible after viewing the hidden files)\AVG8\update\download”
- Now, you are recommended to delete the two *.ctffiles and then, restart the update process
Why to Call AVG Antivirus Customer Support
We are well renowned AVG Antivirus Customer Support professionals who hold deep know-how in fixing up a wide number related issues as and when faced by users. Our support solutions are available 24*7 hours to assist customers in resolving their issues as and when needed by them. Solutions are matched according to industry standards and are a highly comprehensive solution is delivered to customers.